Unusual Projects undertake a wide range of bespoke, creative projects predominately in the museums, heritage, and science centre sector. The position requires a minimum of 3 years experience within a similar area and market. Our Designers need to be methodical, well organised with excellent attention to detail and expert knowledge of manufacturing materials, undertsand design risk assements, and liaise with contractors to ensure coordination of works.
In your role as Joinery Fit-out Designer you will, in no particular order:
• Work to the deadlines and stick to programme.
• Meet with the client team to develop designs.
• Liaise with our in house team to take advice and peer-review designs.
• Undertake surveys of exhibition spaces, which may require travel away from home.
• Identify and report to the Project Manager areas of change throughout the project which may affect costs and programme
• Develop exhibit drawings suitable for client sign off and manufacturing requirements
• Manage drawing issues and the process of approvals
• Produce detailed production drawings, 2D CNC & 3D printing files for manufacture
• Compiling Bills of Materials and placing orders as required
• Diligent approach to Health & Safety, producing design risk assessments and method statements for client issue
• Revise and maintain accurate as-built drawings
As an Joinery Fit-out Designer with Unusual Projects you will need:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Be a team player
• Good timekeeping
• A full UK driving licence
A knowledge and experience of the following software:
• MS Office
• Solidworks (beneficial)
40 hours per week, flexible time
Core Hours 0900 – 1600
Breaks 1030 & 1500 Paid (15 mins)
1230 Unpaid (30 mins)
Pay Scale – Design 1 – 10 (£25,000 – £44,000)
PDS £30 per day
Late night PDs over 12 hours +£30
Year One – 22 Days
Start of Year Two – 25 Days
End of Year Five – 28 Days
Unit G10, Elvington Industrial Estate
To apply, please send a letter of application and current CV to email@example.com